Art Source Portland is a publication featuring art galleries, studios and alternative art venues all across the Portland metro area. This inclusive full-color guide is a great resource for local and out of town visitors looking for information about art exhibitions, openings and events.
Portland is home to a growing community of galleries, artist studios, independent businesses, and alternative spaces hosting artwork by a strong range of artists. It’s a diverse community spread out over much of the city. No matter which First or Last Thursday or Friday we celebrate, Art Source Portland provides a cohesive resource to bring us all together in one convenient place.
After seven years of publishing as First Friday Gallery Guide, in early 2011 we changed our name to Art Source Portland and at the same time we expanded our geographic focus to the entire city of Portland. This high-quality, full-color guide is published by the participating galleries themselves. 10,000 copies of each edition distributed throughout Portland. The front cover of the guide displays a featured gallery or artist. The back cover displays a map of Portland highlighting the locations and addresses of Art Source Portlandgalleries and businesses.
Advertisers are featured not only in print, but here on our web site as well. The Art Source Portland blog and Facebook page are regularly updated with information about shows, openings and special events.
Art Source Portland Advertising Information
Thank you for your interest in advertising in Art Source Portland. Here are our guidelines for advertisers:
- We print 10,000 copies of the full-color guide.
- Each issue is distributed to hotels, tourist information centers, art
galleries, cafes and many other locations across Portland.
- Two sizes of ads are available: full page ads or small supporting sponsor ads.
Pricing and size details are listed below.
- All advertisers are listed on the map on the back page of the guide.
- Full-page advertisers also have their page reproduced on our web site: www.artsourceportland.com
- All advertisers are eligible for free postings on our Blog and Facebook Pages.
- With each new publication we mail press releases and/or guides to nearly 100 local media outlets,
political dignitaries and other area arts supporters.
Ad Sizes and Costs
Full Page Ads: 8.5” x 5.5” plus 1/8” bleed
Cost: $350 (plus $50 web page set up fee for first time advertisers)
Size of Small Ad: 2.5” x 2.5”
Deadlines for Full Payment and Ad Materials
Art Source Portland is currently transitioning from a quarterly publication to a variable publication schedule, most likely twice a year. Please contact Annie at firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified of upcoming publications.
Full Page Availability
At any time our full-page ad spaces may be all reserved. We are happy to add you to a wait list if that happens to be the case. If the full-page spaces are full, we recommend that you take out a small sponsor ad as a way to get started until a space becomes available. Contact Annie at email@example.com at any time to check on availability.
The Nitty Gritty Details
- Small ads can be combined by purchasing two or three adjacent ads for a larger
space, but there is no discount for doing so.
- Finished guides will be ready late in the month before the cover date.
- We recommend that you contact us to reserve your space before the deadlines
listed above. Full payment and ad materials are due on the date listed above.
Failure to pay by that date may result in loss of space reservation.
- Ad position is at the discretion of Art Source Portland.
- Please note that this ad is non-cancelable.
If you are providing your own ad materials, please email your ad as a 300 dpi, press-ready PDF file at the sizes specified above to our designer, Anneli Anderson. If you do not have InDesign or another publication-quality design program, we can design your ad for you. Design services start at a low $50 per hour and usually only take an hour or so. Contact Anneli at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-719-4109 for an estimate. She will coordinate your ad design and bill you directly for design services. Please be prepared to give Anneli your logo file as JPG, TIFF or EPS format.
If you have any further questions or would like to make a space reservation please contact Annie at: email@example.com.